Community for Sid Meier's Gettysburg! Players
Sid Meier's Gettysburg Downloads
Sid Meier's Antietam Downloads
Patch Installation guide for Gettysburg
Patch Installation for Win XP:
Download the version 3 patch for SMG as a plain .zip file rather than as a self extracting file from Firax which may be problematic on XP, Vista & Windows 7.
24/09/1997 02:32 PM 759,296 lee.exe
22/09/1997 02:26 PM 134,656 sound.dll
06/06/2002 01:52 PM 737,280 lee.exe
18/04/2002 11:16 AM 151,552 sound.dll
06/06/2002 02:11 PM 1,498 SMG_XP2000_readme.txt
It also tries to rename:
11/07/1995 09:50 AM 121,344 MSVFW32.DLL
11/07/1995 09:50 AM 121,344 MSVFW32.OLD
Run SMG by double clicking Lee.exe or a shortcut to it, not by using the screen that pops up when you insert the CD.
If this does not work try installing patch 3 again, over the XP patch. This will give you the registry entries in combination with patch 3.
If you do not see portraits of generals or pointing hands when the scenario introductions are playing then copy the dialogs folder from the CD and paste it into the Gettysburg folder.
Step by step instructions to set the compatibility mode.
1. Click on My Computer
2. Click C: drive
3. Click on Program Files
4. Search for the Firaxis folder and click on it
5. Enter Gettysburg folder and search for Lee.exe (there should be an image of Lee representing that file)
6. Once you find Lee.exe, right click the file and click properties
7. Click on the Compatibility Tab in properties menu
8. Set compatibility to: Win98/Me , it will be under the "run this program in compatibility mode for..." If you are having trouble installing the v3 patch, look at the Win ME/98/95 instructions.